Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heart of Crown PC
MikuruX

Advanced
Post Heart of Crown PC
on: January 27, 2013, 03:50

I guess this was probably a no-brainer as to if someone was going to request this. I currently got a chance to play this game for a bit and presentation-wise, it’s very good. The only problem I had with this game was that it’s very restricting to those who don’t know any thing about reading Japanese and because of this, I’m left wondering what the heck I’m doing.

With that said, I really hope you guys at Nyu-Media are looking at this game as well for those whom like card based games, I would definitely play this if there was a way to get a physical box version or if not, buying like all of your other releases is just fine (I just like all the stuff the people who went and bought the box from Comiket got with the game).

Being able to play online against other players is a treat as well but again, I had no idea what I was doing. At any rate, please consider bringing this to the US!!

A.G.E.S. Founder // Anime Toshokan Inc. Founder // ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ “It Can’t Be Helped!”

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
Post Re: Heart of Crown PC
on: January 28, 2013, 10:06

Thanks for the suggestion. We did look at this, but the IP ownership situation is a little complicated (it’s based on a real card game.)

It seems at least two other localization groups are interested in the game, though, so you might see some developments soon! 🙂

MikuruX

Advanced
on: January 28, 2013, 19:51

Ewwww….beat those other two groups that are interested in the game out and get the licenses. I don’t think I can stomach the thought of another company getting their hands on this other than you guys.

But I can understand this being rather hard to get a hold of since it was based on the actual card game due to both the group that owns the game and the copyright of the art by the main artist (at least, that’s my understanding of it).

If things change it you’re able to get a hold of it, that would be a breath of fresh air for most people…..just my thoughts on it anyway.

A.G.E.S. Founder // Anime Toshokan Inc. Founder // ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ “It Can’t Be Helped!”

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: January 28, 2013, 21:25

Heh. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Actually, I’m sure at least one of those groups would do a good job on it 🙂

As for wanting a breath of fresh air, we’re working on a couple of developments in genres we haven’t touched until now, so hopefully we’ll be able to deliver there!

MikuruX

Advanced
on: January 28, 2013, 22:58

To be honest, it’s bad that the state of doujin game development has been solely centered around mostly Touhou games so it’s very hard to get hand on anything of good quality unlike a few years back when there was ample amount of games of different IPs other than Touhou.

I think a lot of groups are trying to stay safe a profit off the Touhou bandwagon which I clearly understand but it really makes things stagnant when you don’t get to see new things & original characters being created.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: January 29, 2013, 15:11

That’s a sentiment that we’ve held for a long time now!

Peroim_Fel-
d

Pro
on: January 29, 2013, 21:06

Quote from MikuruX on January 28, 2013, 22:58
I think a lot of groups are trying to stay safe a profit off the Touhou bandwagon which I clearly understand but it really makes things stagnant when you don’t get to see new things & original characters being created.

I’m sorry, but that feels like a gross oversimplification. Just hink about it: you have a fully structured and proven setting, packed with dozens of likeable characters that can fit just about any role you can think of, and a plot that allows you to completely skip the first act of most stories. Who WOULDN’T want to use such a convenient set of tools, specially when it comes at no cost at all (more on this shortly)?

There are probably some who do it for the free marketing and/or bandwagon hype, but to lay all the blame on this is downright offensive to some of the devs. But, indeed, why would they choose NOT to use it? It saves a lot of effort, and the only cost is a distribution restriction.

Which brings me to the point of this reply; I often see people complain about those same points in various places, yet none of them actually do anything about it. And the solution is very simple: talk to the devs. Show them there’s a PC market out there that isn’t Touhou. Kotaku published an article* on this recently, and it shows just one of many misconceptions these devs have regarding the PC.

If you want to fight this problem, and I’m fairly certain we all here want it, them we really have to start doing something about it. And the easiest, yet most effective, way is simply talking. Groups like Nyu-Media are already doing a great job at changing this scenario, but we really need to take action instead of expecting others to do all the heavy work.

Sorry if this sounded too agressive, by the way. It’s just… this way of thinking, of expecting stuff to resolve itself, when it’s well within our power to help solve it, just gets on my nerves.

*http://kotaku.com/5977001/why-pc-gaming-is-still-niche-in-japan

MikuruX

Advanced
on: February 28, 2013, 01:05

Well, with ZUN coming to the US in September (hopefully nothing doesn’t change that stops him from coming), me planning to have Gekkipatton show up as a guest for the Video Gaming department, & me talking to the CEO of eigoMANGA (the company that released the US version of Vanguard Princess), I might plan to do a panel if I can get it greenlit with the AWA directors and plan everything out with all the involved parties as to what to talk about and how long to do so.

That reminds me, I’ll send you line as to what I have planned Gekki. I also need to give you the email to the video game department director whom I work for at AWA.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: March 5, 2013, 07:20

Sounds good to me.

MikuruX

Advanced
on: May 6, 2015, 00:11

Hiya Genki! Wanted to bring this up again since 2 years has basically passed. As of right now, the game is still in limbo in terms of whatever group is supposed to be doing a localization of this game and it has already garnered a expansion pack release.

Just wondering, is there any way to do a follow up on this if the current group that wants to release this hasn’t made any progress or if there is anyone doing this at all? I know Nyu-Media has a lot of stuff going on outside of just releasing TyranoBuilder & Yatagarasu being the next big release from you guys but it urks me having this game and but not being able to understand it (even with a partially done english patch applied).

Pages: [1]

Mingle Forum by cartpauj

Version: 1.0.34
;
Page loaded in: 0.121 seconds.