Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Touhou~
PKgirl

Post Touhou~
on: September 10, 2012, 14:10

Heya! I’m new here, but I know about Nyu-media and about the doujin games released on Steam because this group. I’ll love to play Magical Hop again. ^_^
I’m very, very, very happy because of this, ‘cuz I love doujin games! I worked in a forum about them! ^_^

Anyway, the most famous Doujin games series is Touhou. Do you guys intend to release Touhou games on Steam?

Sorry my bad English, isn’t my first language. ;_;

Peroim_Fel-
d

Pro
Post Re: Touhou~
on: September 10, 2012, 16:04

Hell will freeze over before ZUN allows a dirty gaijin to touch Touhou. Sad but true.

Not that it makes any difference, considering how easy it is to get the games these days…

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: September 10, 2012, 17:43

lol. Let me rephrase that in a little more PC manner. ZUN (the creator of the Touhou series) has expressly forbid Touhou or derivative works to be sold commercially or outside of Japan. So, no, as things stand, we’re not likely to do anything Touhou-related. Like, ever.

MikuruX

Advanced
on: December 13, 2012, 01:36

Excuse the expression, if ZUN ever kicks the bucket (Oh please don’t let that happen anytime soon), I wonder what will happen to the series. Who will have exclusive controlling rights over the franchise if such an event was to occur (again, I don’t want to think about it but you can’t help it when he is so firm on his stand on not letting the series go commerical or out of Japan).

A.G.E.S. Founder // Anime Toshokan Inc. Founder // ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ “It Can’t Be Helped!”

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: December 13, 2012, 08:40

I expect that unless he has any special provisions in place, Touhou would be treated like any of ZUN’s other assets (cars, books, etc.) & be left to his next of kin.

Who knows, he might decide at some point that he’s had enough of making Touhou games & cash out by selling the IP to the highest bidder, then that company takes the brand overseas. I dare say many anime companies would jump at the chance to own Touhou, but somewhere that has anime and games under one roof (e.g. Bandai-Namco) might make sense.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: December 13, 2012, 08:42

PS Welcome to the forums!

agentgerbi-
l

on: January 3, 2013, 03:41

does that include the “fan made” games that other doujin dev’s made that are touhou?

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: January 6, 2013, 12:44

I’m afraid so.

graylander-
tagger

on: January 31, 2013, 22:02

How come ZUN doesn’t let people sell doujin games overseas? Is it the same reason other doujin developers don’t(cost of importation and localization)

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: February 1, 2013, 08:19

Short answer: for a number of reasons.

Here’s a link to a translation of his terms of use of the Touhou IP:
http://www.gensokyo.org/archives/1682

Pages: [1] 2 3

Mingle Forum by cartpauj

Version: 1.0.34
;