Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last
Author Topic: Under Night In-Birth & Melty Blood (or anything from French-Bread)
MikuruX

Advanced
Post Under Night In-Birth & Melty Blood (or anything from French-Bread)
on: October 27, 2013, 16:07

Seeing as the other topic has gotten so much support and was basically just for doujin fighting games in general, I thought it would be better to make a thread for these two games itself rather than highjacking another persons thread (which is basically what happened…..sorry Turbodaze).

For the most part, Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late is French-Bread & Ecole first attempt at an original IP since their last biggest hit “Melty Blood: Actress Again – Current Code -” was based upon the Tsuki-Hime series which is owned by Type-Moon (who also started out as a doujin group).

If anything, I would say UNIB is the polar opposite of Melty Blood where as Melty Blood was more geared towards ground to air….where it followed a pattern of ground combo/launcher/air combo/air throw/repeat….UNIB is more geared towards ground combat with minimal emphasis on air combos (unlike vanilla UNIB where this wasn’t the case). But that’s just my take on it, everyone has their own opinions but that’s not what we want to talk about.

The point of this thread is to not only give awareness to Nyu-Media about the western interest in these games (then again, because of the other thread….Nyu-Media is very well aware of the interest the public has for these games). Not only that but it’s also to point out the concerns, ideas, and basically to comment on your thoughts of the game. So far, there has been a lot of support for console releases of French-Bread games aside from just PC only; this will also include a Mac version from a few people.

Truth be told, I would love to see their games on many platforms as possible but this is entirely up to Nyu-Media if & when the time comes where they would actually start working with French-Bread/Ecole (again, nothing is being done except indirect talks….again, I don’t work for Nyu-Media (would love to though) so everything I say is moot unless otherwise backed up by Nyu-Media). With that being said, please use this thread to express your thoughts, support, or ideas about a possibility of Nyu-Media working with French-Bread/Ecole.

A.G.E.S. Founder // Anime Toshokan Inc. Founder // ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ “It Can’t Be Helped!”

Remilia

Post Re: Under Night In-Birth & Melty Blood (or anything from French-Bread)
on: October 28, 2013, 13:37

Then I’m gonna say it again ! YES WE WANT.

I’m going to be a bit biased but I’d prefer a PC version since I don’t have any console.

What would be the advantages :
If, say, you manage to put the game on Steam, you will of course cut on the fees to produce the materials for physical editions (though you can do both I guess) and it will be much easier to update the game. On PC you can use whatever you want, an Xbox controller, a PS3/4 controller or an arcade stick, which is good. Another thing, Steam will bring more people to the game I think. It’d also be easier to find people for playing instead of using IRC’s or forums which many people don’t really know where to find.

What would be the disadvantages :
You’d have to have a PC capable of running it (though I doubt you’d need anything extroardinary to run it, most certainly any decent computer dating from 2006~2007 would be able to). The offline tournament scene would be a bit less easier to set-up I guess. The netcode, it’ll either be good or terrible and that can really be trouble if it’s not done correctly.

Now my thoughts about the game, since the EXE LATE version the game is damn near perfect. The combo length is correct compared to the previous version, damage is OK as well, the character themes are sick, the characters themselves are really well done (First FG where I want to try everyone), the visuals are top-notch (one might not like the anime style though). The story mode is actually quite interesting and the guest characters are fun to have, there’s also training mode/Time Attack etc since EXE LATE.

All in all, DO WANT.

Professor-
Icepick

on: October 28, 2013, 17:10

I’d also like to reiterate my desire for this game, especially on Steam/PC.

purpes

on: October 31, 2013, 09:38

Quote from Remilia on October 28, 2013, 13:37<br />YES WE WANT

With UNIB and a confirmed console port, a PC version would be icing on the FrenchCake, and a gateway to luring an MB port also. I sincerely hope TypeMoon/Eccole sort out whatever issues they have in letting this one come out properly…

I would buy both of these releases straight up.

MikuruX

Advanced
on: November 1, 2013, 12:13

Excuse my language guys but:

SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!

FILIA FROM SKULLGIRLS IS NOW IN UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH EXE:LATE

Well…this was already known since French-Bread stated in a stream that they were interested in putting someone in the game from Skullgirls to congratulate Lab Zero on their Indiegogo run (and to show them what “Moe” really looks like….lol)

After talking around with some people on the interwebs, here is the tally in which media everyone would like to see UNIB or MB on in the western region:

– PC (via Steam – highest interest only if PS3 version is not possible but it must be on Steam…no individual release)
– PS3 (highest interest)
– Mac (least interest but there is still an interest)

Again, I’m only talking and informing everyone what I’m picking up from the community and leaving it here for Nyu-Media to look at. Genkipetton has already stated that nothing is being done except for indirect talks with French-Bread and that “Yatagarasu: AOC” has their highest priority right now. So until then, please just keep in mind when reading these posts that nothing is being done.

A.G.E.S. Founder // Anime Toshokan Inc. Founder // ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ “It Can’t Be Helped!”

StrangerDu-
de22

on: November 1, 2013, 18:49

Yes i wan- no.. I NEED THIS

Oniros

on: November 12, 2013, 13:51

I’m totally behind this. A console release would be ideal, if not Steam with GGPO-enabled netcode would suffice.

MikuruX

Advanced
on: November 29, 2013, 13:34

Sorry for the slow pace at which I’m posting stuff as of right now. There hasn’t been any news or anything worthwhile going on to report from French-Bread about anything related to UNIBEL in general so I’m pretty much on watch mode right now.

At any rate, in regards to the Filia picture above, she’s not in the game in any form as of now yet that image is official. Oh well….hope this comes true. At any rate, I’m still getting messages from people supporting the thought of Nyu-Media going for UNIBEL & MBAACC but most really would like a PS3/PS4 release if the option is out there.

Well, we’ll have to see what Nyu-Media comes up with after Yatagarasu:AoC is said and done. Let’s hope for good things in the future with this.

MochiFtw

on: December 1, 2013, 21:36

When’s UNiB PC?!?!?!

kuronewbie

on: December 1, 2013, 22:46

PC Version please 🙂

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last

Mingle Forum by cartpauj

Version: 1.0.34
;
Page loaded in: 0.146 seconds.