Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MEDIATIONS: General Update
GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
Post MEDIATIONS: General Update
on: July 10, 2012, 14:08

The ever-industrious Nyu Media MEC (Marketing Editorial Consultant, but he IS a machine!) AlphaProspector suggested a while back that we should start making some use of the NM homepage blog functionality. It was a typically good MEC suggestion, but I’d like to give it more of an open forum feel than a blog, so for now, at least I’ll start doing some blogging-type activity right here in our chat forum. Maybe we’ll migrate to the blog in future, but the forum feels more intimate.
Basically what I plan to do is just warble on about the topic du jour (or semaine ;)) & if you feel like throwing in with an opinion or ‘you guys are great!’, etc. please do so!

So, to start with, here is an update on where we’re at with all of our projects. Unfortunately, I can’t divulge timing for all due to obligations to Capcom, but this will give you an idea of what’s keeping us busy these days.

eXceed – Steam release is in the pipe. We have a date & will announce as soon as Capcom give us the nod
CTHCC – Steam release pending
ETHER VAPOR Remaster – major distributor releases pending (Steam may lag a little)
Fairy Bloom Freesia – Release date to be announced + we’re looking into a extra little sumthin’ sumthin’ for this title…

& *drumroll please!*

*** Nyu Media SLATE 2!! *** – to be announced this month (probably. Definitely before summer Comiket, anyway :))

A few quick points on Slate 2…
+ It’s not quite as big as for first slate
+ We’re very excited about these games!
+ YES, there are shmups in there!
+ No, they aren’t all shmups!
+ They won’t take long to get here: the first release will happen probably the month after FBF
+ Whether they will be completeLY self-published or not is TBC. We’re discussing with Capcom

Anyhoo, that’s the lowdown for now. More rambling to follow.

PS I’ve tentatively entitled these posts ‘Mediations’, but if anyone has more a more clever/witty/appropriate idea, let me know!

Zergem

Beginner
Post Re: MEDIATIONS: General Update
on: July 11, 2012, 07:39

Perfect, the site was lacking something like this. I’ve got to be honest and say Fairy Bloom Freesia is my second most anticipated game for now. And something special, hmm…
I’ll be looking forward to more of your posts.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: July 11, 2012, 07:40

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll keep them coming!

Veleskola

Pro
on: July 11, 2012, 08:17

Thank God they’re not all shmups. You had like three shmups this slate, there is more to doujinsoft than shmups. I’m glad you did games like CTHCC and Fairy bloom fressia. And I want more.

MOAR!

I’m just hoping one of these games is Rosenkreuz stilette.

Peroim_Fel-
d

Pro
on: July 12, 2012, 19:39

I see… the constant delays… FBR’s extras… the timing of this announcement, shortly before the Steam sale, with the info that the games will be out just after it… it’s obvious, isn’t it?

NM is partnering with Valve to add hats to its games!

Just think about it: all this talk about Capcom delaying stuff was just a convenient excuse. We’ll soon see a revolution in the hat market, resulting from the combined efforts of Valve’s veteran hat-making team and the creativity of the doujin scene, courtesy of NM’s partners. Amane-san’s hat, something we all overlooked, was just a teaser of the upcoming hat-filled future.

Yes… it all makes sense if you think about it hard enough.

(it’s late and I just spent the past three hours in a staring contest with my credit card, so I *might* be a little off here…)

Also, blog: good idea, but make sure you have the time/motivation to maintain it! Setting it up and then updating it once a year is kind of pointless.

Pages: [1]

Mingle Forum by cartpauj

Version: 1.0.34
;
Page loaded in: 0.092 seconds.