Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MEDIATIONS: Our First Slate is Almost Done
GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
Post MEDIATIONS: Our First Slate is Almost Done
on: October 24, 2012, 11:38

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club FINALLY has a release date for Steam… the end is in sight for our first slate of games and, against the odds, EVERY title on it will have made it to Steam.

On November 18th last year we announced our existence and the games we’d be working to localize and bring to western gamers. Then on December 9th we announced our publishing partnership with Capcom.

The SATAZIUS launch on December 16th frankly took us by surprised as it happened much earlier than we’d planned. The initial plan was to have all of the games out by April 2012, but post-SATAZIUS, pretty heinous and unavoidable delays struck and subsequent launches were pushed out one after another. We had to switch to ‘roll out’-based distribution (releasing wherever was possible first – usually direct sales from Nyu Media’s product pages – then bring other distributors online when possible) to get the game out in as timely fashion as possible.

As some people will have figured out, Valve’s lack of resources and struggle to evaluate new Steam applications plus switch over to the Greenlight system was a huge contributor to the delays. Despite that and thanks to our partnership with Capcom, we’ll soon have all of the first slate games on Steam. It’s been a very long and very bumpy road, but the end is in finally sight.

Our mission has always been to create global-level exposure for Japanese indie games and developers; despite essentially zero coverage from any major gaming websites or media (not for lack of trying!), I feel we’ll have accomplished with these first seven games and having them listed on Steam is a key part of that.

I’d like to do a detailed write-up of the story of Nyu Media’s first year at some point – it’s been emotional πŸ™‚ – but the focus for now is making it down the last straight to the finishing line for the first slate of games.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and ‘searing love’ we’ve had so far & if you haven’t picked up a copy of Cherry Tree High Comedy Club yet, please get it from Steam on November 8th!!

Zergem

Beginner
Post Re: MEDIATIONS: Our First Slate is Almost Done
on: October 24, 2012, 12:01

Bet you’re glad that’s finally done – here’s hoping you’ll have an easier schedule from now on.

AweOfShe

on: October 25, 2012, 22:59

Congrats on pulling through! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next set of releases.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: November 2, 2012, 11:34

Oh, nearly forgot – here’s a graphic showing our first releases!

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: November 2, 2012, 11:36

& here’s our 2nd wave, just to complete the set πŸ˜‰

Veleskola

Pro
on: November 2, 2012, 14:05

I hope you guys at Nyu Media won’t hold it against me to buy Exceed and Cherry Tree high on the sales for steam seeing a I already bought them off gamersgate. It’s not that I don’t think it’s worth it is, but it would feel weird buying a game twice and paying full price twice.

It’s a shame that Steam Greenlight (the worst way to add games to steam in my opinion. It’s slow, tedious and unfair to niche games that don’t attract as many likes as more mainstream type titles. Using the word mainstream lightly. Also why on earth would Valve put a down-vote option. As an owner of a business myself, I don’t care who won’t buy my products I want to know how many people WILL buy them. That’s the most important number.) is taking forever with Eryi’s action. I really hope I won’t have to rebuy that but I trust you guys to pull through and gives us early customers a code. I believe in you Nyu-Media!

Also congratulations on a successful year.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: November 6, 2012, 18:56

(Cannot for the life of me seem to get email notifications of forum updates to work.γ΅γ‚“γŒο½ž)

Thanks, Veleskola. Any legitimate purchase is support for us, the games and our dev partners, so it’s all good! (Especially 2nd purchases πŸ˜‰

As for Greenlight, yeah, it’s a hard row to plow, but we’re sticking with it for Eryi’s Action. If / when it does make it through, you have our faithful promise that ALL early (i.e. pre-Steam release) purchasers will receive Steam codes.

Pages: [1]

Mingle Forum by cartpauj

Version: 1.0.34
;
Page loaded in: 0.103 seconds.