Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New? Post your introduction here!
SuperSoake-
r360

Post New? Post your introduction here!
on: March 23, 2013, 15:17

New? I certainly am at the moment so I figured I would make an introduction thread for the lurkers to introduce themselves.
What’s your story?

I’m a fan of arcade shooters (particularly among the doujin scene) and when Nyu Media dropped by the Shmups Forum to announce the localization of the eXceed series, I was hyped and I’ve been stalking you guys ever since. 😛

Really happy with games like eXceed, SATAZIUS, and Ether Vapor Remaster being made available overseas and I finally thought I’d register an account here. Keep up the good work and I’m looking forward to Siter Skain’s Alltynex series being made available in the coming months. 😀

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
Post Re: New? Post your introduction here!
on: March 24, 2013, 12:27

Thanks for dropping in and for starting the thread, SS360!

It occurs to me that I haven’t done much of an introduction either, so here’s a quickie!

I’m an old fogie of gaming. The earliest game I remember playing is Space Invaders at the arcade. My first computer was a ZX-81, then VIC-20, then Commodore 64, then an Amiga before making the hop to PCs which I got into at university.

I loved gaming on the C64, but my first gaming love was for arcade games. I spent a LOT of time in my local arcade – basically, it was the local hangout and I was one of the core regulars.
Shinobi was the first game I took the time to master & I was GOOOOOOOD at that game. Like, legendary good! What I loved about arcade games were ever season there would be new games with bigger sprites, better animation, and new gameplay!

When Street Fighter II came along it was massive in our arcade, of course, but even before that I had my socks blown off by the original Street Fighter. With those HUGE sprites, great animation, bright colors, amazing special moves I could never have dreamed of, etc. etc. I was hooked. I fed every penny I had into that machine, then every penny I could borrow, then was left frustrated and just JONESING when I ran out of money & couldn’t get any more 🙂

The arcade habit continued through university – even on big social nights at the students union I’d take my pint over to the arcade corner & play SSFII or some such to get a break from the crowd once in a while.

Anyway, as I mentioned above, university introduced me to PCs & PC gaming, in particular Warcraft (the original) & DOOM. Loved those games! I also made my way into console gaming as my housemates and all chipped in to get a SNES (fond memories of thumb blisters playing the SFII port & borrowing import Japanese games from a mate) some friends had a Megadrive that we’d play once in a while.

After university I moved to Japan to teach English on the JET program for a couple of years. I got there just after the PS1 came out and of course I bought one and put some serious hours into that machine. Stand-out moments were Resident Evil making its debut and FFVI…

So much for the quickie! I’m out of time, so I’ll call ‘End of Part I’ here.

Wiseman332-

Beginner
Post Re: New? Post your introduction here!
on: June 9, 2013, 06:51

Well, I finally return after years off the forum. Hope everyone is still on here!

Pages: [1]

Mingle Forum by cartpauj

Version: 1.0.34
;
Page loaded in: 0.105 seconds.