Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speak Your Brain: RT Contests
GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
Post Speak Your Brain: RT Contests
on: June 15, 2012, 15:22

I’d just like to put this out there…

We’re currently running ETHER VAPOR Remaster-based retweet contests on Twitter each week on Friday until launch. They’re pretty good for impression and we’ll see the current through to the end, but what do you think about RT contests? Are they fun? Tired? Obnoxious?

Do you prefer RT contests to simple giveaways? Or would high score contest be more fun? We’d like to hear your thoughts – let us know what kind of promotions you would actually prefer to *take part* in & we’ll see what we can put together.

S_Jake

Advanced
Post Re: Speak Your Brain: RT Contests
on: June 15, 2012, 15:45

Well I don’t use Twitter, so I’m not particularly interested in RT contests. 😛

It’s actually quite a tricky one this, so I can see why you’re fishing for ideas. A simply giveaway is the fairest, though given the object is to promote your game and generate excitement around the upcoming release, it seems like a rather bland thing to do. A high score contest would seem the most obvious thing to do, though only the pros are in with a real chance of winning a prize. That said, I still think that’s the way to go, unless anyone else has a better idea. 🙂

Veleskola

Pro
on: June 16, 2012, 15:40

Personally I find the RT contests the easiest to follow. Plus they are the best way to promote your games, when you retweet something it’s posted on all your followers feeds so it spreads the word. If you don’t use twitter you should just make a new account to join the contest, like a lot of people do.

Though I’m all for different contests, I’d prefer if the contests didn’t rely on skill. Some of us love sh’mups but aren’t pros who can top the leaderboards.

S_Jake

Advanced
on: June 17, 2012, 04:35

^ Yep, that’s a fair point: Only a select few have a chance to win a skill-based contest and that may put a lot of people off. That said, I wouldn’t create a Twitter account just to enter a contest and I’m sure that most of us who have deliberately avoided creating accounts on social networking are of a similar mind. Maybe the best idea would be to run more than one contest?

Veleskola

Pro
on: June 17, 2012, 04:38

Quote from S_Jake on June 17, 2012, 04:35<br />
^ Yep, that’s a fair point: Only a select few have a chance to win a skill-based contest and that may put a lot of people off. That said, I wouldn’t create a Twitter account just to enter a contest and I’m sure that most of us who have deliberately avoided creating accounts on social networking are of a similar mind. Maybe the best idea would be to run more than one contest?

You could always create a fake account. By that I meant one with a moniker instead of your real name. No one would know.

S_Jake

Advanced
on: June 17, 2012, 10:27

^ True, I could create an account using a pseudonym, but if I had any interest in social networking sites, I’d have done this already. I’d then have to continually monitor the account in order to take part, which, if I’m honest, will just be a pain in the backside. If Nyu Media does decide on continuing with RT events I wish them the best of luck, but I’m afraid that they are not for me.

Cindered

on: June 17, 2012, 15:15

I found the Exceed contest to be very enjoyable, and wouldn’t mind seeing more of them as long as the score system permits it as well as Exceed 2nd’s did. The nice thing about the contest was that you didn’t need to be a pro to win, just willing to put in the required time to learn and execute.

Pages: [1]

Mingle Forum by cartpauj

Version: 1.0.34
;
Page loaded in: 0.118 seconds.