Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: exceed gun bullet children windowed
CuteLittle-
Girl

Post exceed gun bullet children windowed
on: August 4, 2012, 00:12

Is there any way to get the first exceed to run windowed mode without using any third party programs? I’m on a 24” monitor and it forcing itself into a small resolution makes the game look really pixelated.

I’ve tried -w and no luck.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
Post Re: exceed gun bullet children windowed
on: August 4, 2012, 15:08

Sorry, it runs only in fullscreen 640×480 by default. Did you try changing your screen resolution to something higher?

I didn’t know there were 3rd party programs that would allow it to run in windowed – can you tell me what you used?

CuteLittle-
Girl

on: August 4, 2012, 16:55

I didn’t try any programs since I don’t like to use them if I don’t have to, but I’d imagine one of them would work.

I’m having tons of fun with 2 and 3, but with the fullscreen issue along with the bad 360 controlller support it seems I may never play the first one.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: August 4, 2012, 18:00

Here’s another potential solution for the eX GBC 360 controller issue: http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

This only came up VERY recently, so we haven’t tried yet. Any feedback you might have would be much appreciated!

Glad to hear that you’re enjoying 2nd & 3rd 🙂

CuteLittle-
Girl

on: August 4, 2012, 22:00

I’ve tried this program in the past with one of the suguri games from rockin android and it didn’t work. I tried it again with exceed 1 and I got the same results. Maybe I’m not configuring it right? Force feedback is enabled and I’ve tweaked the deadzones quite a bit.

I was however able to fix the problem using xpadder configuring the arrow keys to the joystick. The joystick is now responsive for all angles.

Now back to the visual side of things. Whenever I play the game it seems to make my screen flash white. I have two monitors and I noticed other apps on that monitor flashing white as well. Aero is automatically disabled when the game launches so its not that. I have disabled rainmeter since that game has been known to give me similar issues with screen flashing, but the problem still remains.

It only starts flashing as soon as I pick a level and start playing. I really dont feel like disabling my second monitor to test it out either so I guess I’ll just stick with 2 and 3 for now.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: August 5, 2012, 07:05

Good – glad to hear the controller issue is resolved & that Technical FAQ is on point.\

Here is some advice from our MEC regarding the visuals:

“The flickering is caused exactly because of the two monitors combined by the refresh rate, which should be put at 60hz. If you don’t want to disable the second monitor, try putting the refresh rate at 60hz. That should get rid of the flickering. (It did for me!) If it doesn’t, then the problem is indeed the second monitor. Extended desktop and and some earlier doujin games don’t tend to mix very well. These games were not designed with gigantic multi-screens setup.

(If you looked at some recent japanese doujin trials, Revolver360 MOCKS the multi-screen setup by having an option to enable display for 25 screens at once, Alternative Sphere, another doujin shooter from the guys making World of TWAIN, does the same by offering a mock mode that outputs 8 screens at once. Just some random info, heh.)”

CuteLittle-
Girl

on: August 5, 2012, 12:57

Yeah both monitors are already set at 60hz so the only solution would be for me to disable one. I think I’m still going to wait to see if theres any kind of windowed mode possible. I really don’t want to disable my second monitor to play it.

Oh well, thanks for the quick replies and help.

GenkiPatto-
n

Administrator
on: August 5, 2012, 15:25

Sorry we don’t have a better solution! Quite frankly, we’re not working on a windowed mode atm, but if our suspicions turned out to be correct…

Pages: [1]

Mingle Forum by cartpauj

Version: 1.0.34
;
Page loaded in: 0.081 seconds.